Friday, May 31, 2013

No promises on regular blogging but an update all the same!!

It's that time of year again.  We are finishing up the school year, getting ready for a week or two off and of course preparing for next year.

We received our homeschool curriculum in the mail just yesterday.  That was Wyatt just after I handed him his new texts.  He was super excited and when we flipped through them he kept asking if we could just start Kindergarten now.  I told him he had to wait a bit but that we would start it July 1st.  


Lyvi was just as excited to get her new books.  We went through the first 20 lessons of her math book and did some review of adding three digit numbers, tally marks and counting hundreds, tens and ones.  She loved it and I was impressed by all she remembers.  I have no worries about her.  She will do great.  We also received her handwriting curriculum (Wyatt's too), she wants to do cursive and I am not yet convinced she is ready.  We are going to work on perfecting printing before moving onto cursive.

Mazlyn doesn't know it yet but he will also be doing some school this coming year.  Part of it will be his speech sessions (that he is doing very well at) but he will also be doing some letter and number activities along with his normal coloring and book listening activities.  Lol.

I am super excited about this year.  I'm going to be working with my Dad on the kids music class:  History of Rock and Roll!!  So happy to have him involved and so looking forward to learning about some more modern musicians.

For now I will say good bye.  Mazlyn is trying to type a message to all of our fans.  Lol

Shylo

No comments:

Post a Comment