Friday, September 23, 2011

Fuchs Academy Sept. 19th-25th, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week…  I have had some emotional moments.  I think I may have realized I have a lot of anxiety caused by my lovely children.  Nothing they do just situations that come with having children.  Now I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the situations we face.
In our homeschool this week…  Alyvia started her homeschool enrichment program at the YMCA yesterday (a major cause of anxiety for me) and she loves it.  She was great and made a few new homeschool friends her own age. 
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  EVERY moment can be a teaching moment.  Just be creative!!
I am inspired by…  The look on my kids faces when I really get into a story or lesson.  Their expressions say "wow!!  Our Mom is sooo weird."  But I know they love that side of me.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  Homeschool Enrichment and Grange.  At Grange we have a family reunion every other Friday so we will be seeing the best Grandparents around and some God parents and random important figures in our children's lives.  We are also attending an event tomorrow called "Fun on the Farm".  It is at a local dairy farm and the kids will get to see some behind the scenes of another dairy farm.  We are going to be focusing on the differences between their Aunts farm and this one.
My favorite thing this week was… Being with my children.
What’s working for us…  Babysitting children before (public) school.  They are being dropped off between 6 and 6:30 and they are gone by 8:30am.  It's an effective way for me to contribute to our family finances and it's over before the kids and I are ready to start our day.  
Things I’m working on…  Antarctica Unit.  We are studying the 7 continents and 5 oceans this year and now that we have the concept of continents down as well as their names I figured we would go more in depth with Antarctica first.
I’m reading…  What your first grader needs to know.  Lyvi is already starting some first grade concepts so I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a move on.
I’m cooking…  The usual.  Tacos for dinner tonight before Grange.  Yum!!
I’m grateful for…  My life, my Husband, my children, the opportunity to homeschool them, my family, our dog and fish, our home. 
I’m praying for… Friends suffering with illness.
     A photo to share…
This was Lyvi and I before we left for her Homeschool Enrichment program Thursday at the YMCA.  While we were there she could sense that I was having a hard time so she kept finding me in the hallway and giving me the thumbs up to say she was doing fine, not to worry.  One time she actually left her activity and came out into the hall and whispered "Mom, I'm having so much fun." into my ear and then she turned around and ran back into the gym.  I'm not sure when it happened but, she's grown up.  Five years old!!




No comments:

Post a Comment